[humanser] Ensurance job requirements

Ginny Duff GDuff at stjoestoronto.ca
Sun Apr 22 23:01:39 UTC 2018

I agree with Michael that a legal opinion is a good idea , however, at our hospital none of the staff are allowed to transport clients in their personal vehicles and so everybody has to take taxis if the client has to be transported.   I gather they believe that the insurance provided by the taxi is adequate.   I assume the rule that staff are not allowed to transport clients has to do with their belief that the liabilty risk is too great.

Ginny

Dr. V. Duff
Clinical Director
West End Assertive Community Treatment Team
St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto
Lecturer, University of Toronto