[humanser] Introduction and getting to know the other list members

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:21:07 UTC 2018

Hi Amanda,
I am currently studying for my bachelors of social work, and I plan to pursue my masters of social work after graduating in 2019. I volunteer in my community in various capacities. Some of those positions include counseling at a local pregnancy center, volunteering with families in crisis, etc. I also mentor high school exchange students, and  teach English as a second language to adults in my community. Finally, I have been trained as part of the disaster action team for the American Red Cross, and to work with inmates preparing to re-integrate into society.
There have certainly been challenges associated with perceptions related to my blindness, but I have gained greater advocacy skills as a result.
I hope this helps, and welcome to the list!

Best wishes, Miranda

Sent from my iPhone