[humanser] Eco-maps and Genograms in the field as someone who is completely blind?

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 23:53:19 UTC 2018

Hello Miranda,
	I do not use genograms in my practice.  I understand the use and the
place that they have in therapy, but I do not use them.  I perceive them as
a tool for therapy but not the production of the genogram itself.  Use the
Narrative to convey the material to your clients the same way that you do
with your instructors.  Fidelity to genograms is not in the actual work
product as it is to the effectiveness of the theory.

Warmly,

Rev. Michael “Big Dog” Abell
MS, LACT

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

The Family Ministry Counseling and Psychotherapy Services
700 E Jefferson St. Suite 250
Phoenix, Arizona  85034
(602) 253-4084 ext 1

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended
only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged or confidential
information. Any distribution, reading, copying or use of this communication
and any attachments by anyone other than the addressee, is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by e-mail (
bigdog4744 at gmail.com) or telephone (602-253-4084), and permanently destroy
or delete the original and any copies or printouts of this e-mail and any
attachments.