[humanser] My adventures in applying for a job

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Thu Jan 3 20:39:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

Recently I posted that I was considering applying for an entry-level social
worker position. I am relieved to say that I completed the online process
last night around 2:45 am. I was able to accomplish this somewhat vexing
process with the use of Aira's free employment services program.

I applied for a County job. I made multiple attempts to fill out the online
application. For security reasons, the application times out and disappears.
Also, anytime I switched between screens the application disappeared. Each
time, I had to tab and arrow back to the task at hand. At one point, it took
me 25 minutes to get back to my starting point. This was more of an issue on
my end rather than the application itself. Instead of melting down I opted
to utilize Aira's free service.

Although the Aira Employment service is free, I answered the questions and
wrote the necessary narratives, and created the individualized resume. After
running spell-check and checking for grammar mistakes I asked the Aira Agent
to double-check my typed materials. I have explained my process for
submitting my application in hopes of encouraging another Human services
professional to never give up; to do what works in order to live the life
you choose.

In wellness and peace,

Lisa Irving-Pardini