[HumanSer] Accepting resumés for part time mentor position at Learning Ally

Traci Jones moonryn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:21:39 UTC 2020

Dear Ms. Shaw,

I am writing for consideration for the part-time mentor position. I have
successfully obtained my MA and am currently pursuing my Ph. D. as a
legally blind student and no some of the obstacles and barriers to hurdle
first hand.  I have used JAWS and NVDA as well as ChromeVox as
screenreaders and have used Kurzweil 3000 to read my textbooks and PDF's.
I also have a CCTV, I am not completely blind.  I have experience with
advocating for individuals and helping them navigating their way through
the services they need to succeed.  Currently, I voluntarily run a
nonprofit animal-assisted wellness program for mental health peers as I
complete my Ph.D. and am excited to add this mentoring opportunity to my
schedule.  Attached you will find my resume and I look forward to setting
up an interview with you at your earliest convenience.  Thank you for your
time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Traci Jones