[HumanSer] An Ethics Question

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:20:46 UTC 2020

Under the ACA, and other similar codes of ethics, as long as the
professional's presence is not causing an issue or a problem for the client
in question, it is okay to stay in the group.  If it is a serious issue for
the person, then the professional should leave the group.

As a trainer at the Commission for the Blind, I did not befriend my trainees
until they had been out of my class for at least a year or more. It might be
difficult to avoid completely people you have worked with as a social
worker.

In small towns, there are times when people serve in more than one capacity,
such as one's minister also serving as the counselor for the person.  Just
keep the roles and the categories separate, and you should be fine.