[Journalists] Question about visual media

Mikaela Stevens mikaelastevens at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:52:13 UTC 2010

Hello,

My name is Mikaela and I am a student with a major in
communication/public speaking. It was suggested that I put this
question on the journalists list.

One class that I am required to take is visual media. I am registered
for it this coming fall semester. As you might have guessed a visual
media class might be rather difficult for a blind student, but I know
it is possible. The computer programs used for the course are: adobe
illustrator, adobe in design and adobe photo shop. The purpose of the
class is to master these programs, as well as to understand and
demonstrate design principles. Most of the projects are not group
work, but solo projects.

I am meeting with my teacher this week to discuss strategies and
alternative ways to complete these projects. I don't know what to tell
her because I have never worked with these programs and I don't know
how to go about this. Some of you have hopefully taken this class
recently and could give me advice and help.

How could I tackle this class? What are some alternative techniques I
could use to do my work?

Thank you in advance for the help!

--
Mikaela Stevens