[Journalists] Journalism contest for youth scholarships, deadline January 21, attention South Carolinians!

Elizabeth Sammons antigone at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 23:53:43 UTC 2013

Happy 2013, fellow journalists!

I just came across this writing announcement.  I urge that if you know
anyone who might qualify for this exceptional scholarship opportunity, that
you please assist in distribution. I have considerably edited the below for
length and clarity, but I have the link at the end for direct access to all
remaining information.

Thanks from a fellow writer, information below,

Elizabeth Sammons

Feel free to visit my Literary blog at

windowsofthought.wordpress.com

***

2013 Journalism Contest theme

Here's the question to ponder and to write about in three pages or less:

A strong workforce is an inclusive workforce: What can you do?

The winner of the 2013 Journalism Contest receives a four-year scholarship
to the South Carolina state-supported institution of his or her choice
provided, of course, that the winner is otherwise qualified.

The scholarship pays for undergraduate tuition and fees. Each institution
has its own definition of tuition and fees, which may or may not include
room and board.

Sponsored by the South Carolina Governor's Committee on Employment of People
with Disabilities

To be eligible for the 2013 Journalism Contest, you

.         must be a South Carolinian 16 to 19 years old;

.         must not have entered a post-secondary school before March 1,
2013;

.         must be a high school junior or senior, or otherwise qualified to
begin post-secondary education no later than the 2014-2015 school year.

  _____

How to enter

Entries must be postmarked no later than January 22, 2013.

Send your entry to:

Mark Wade
Assistant Commissioner
SCVRD