[Journalists] Press Reader

Francisco Salvador Crespo crespofranciscosalvador at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:03:45 UTC 2016

Good morning all.

Press reader is a platform to read print newspapers from all over the world. consumers can buy individual issues or subscribe to publications and get full access to them.
Many hotel, colleges and libraries are subscribed to the service, letting their visitors access any publication for free while using their wifi network. My school is currently paying the service.
Press Reader is currently totally inaccessible. I know americans can access NFB Newsline for free, but journalists and blind people interested in international newspapers should have access to them.
I think we, as part of a group of blind journalists, should work something out to make Press Reader accessible using american law. Would it be possible to discuss this issue sometime during convention?.

Best.
Francisco.