[Journalists] Asking for help

Elizabeth Campbell liz at star-telegram.com
Tue May 3 16:11:22 UTC 2016

Hello Adrijana,

I am trying to work things out in my schedule to attend part of the
convention this year, but will not be there for the entire week.
As for your questions on getting started in journalism, there are a number
of useful web sites including the Poynter Institute
www.poynter.org
Society of Professional Journalists
www.spj.org

I am not sure what resources are available to you in your country, but I
would also suggest becoming very proficient in producing content that can
be easily accessed on phones and other mobile devices, as this is the
direction we are going. We are still producing print newspapers and
magazines, but the trend is that our readers are accessing stories,
videos, etc. primarily on their mobile devices via their social media
accounts.
In other words, 70 percent of our reader traffic is coming from people
sharing content on Facebook, Twittter and other social media sites.
I would encourage others on our list to help answer Adrijana's questions.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Campbell
general assignments reporter
(O 817-390-7696