[Journalists] meeting during 2021 convention

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 01:04:10 UTC 2021

Hi Bryan and others on the list.

The journalists meeting is on the convention agenda and will be held on
July 7, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. eastern time.
I will send out a reminder note on our email list and to our Facebook group.
I know we will have folks from many time zones including New Zealand, so it
is important to remember that all meetings and convention sessions are
listed in eastern time.
I suggest getting the Crowd Compass app as you can create a personalized
agenda and also receive notifications on when events are starting.
Also, I want to thank Nate Trela for recruiting our guest speaker, Joe Grim
who is now retired. Joe recruited several people with disabilities to work
in newsrooms.
Finally, I want to devote time for people to ask questions and to
brainstorm on tips that helped them get a foothold in the journalism
world, and I want those interested in pursuing journalism careers to ask
questions.
.
Also,