[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 13:42:19 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The August meeting of the At Large Chapter will take place tomorrow, Tuesday
August 15. The national president's message begins at 7:30pm, followed by
the meeting at 8pm. The conference number is 641-715-3272. The access code
is 720-125. We will hear from two active seniors who are definitely living
the lives they want.

Below are the minutes from the July meeting, please read.

"July 18, 2017 At Large Meeting Minutes

There was no national president's message in July.
The meeting was called to order by Marguerite Woods at 8pm. Approximately 15
members were present.

Our secretary, Danielle Earl, was absent because she was preparing for the
BELL program. Salisbury had 4 students. The theme for the program was
science. The students learned a great deal about the solar system while
improving their Braille reading and writing skills, cane travel, and other
skills of independence.

During the remainder of the meeting, those who attended the national
convention shared their experiences. Sandra Burchette described her
helicopter ride over Orlando. Deirdre Kpodo enjoyed the exhibit hall and the
seminar on social security. She was able to get answers to some of her
questions. Dana Diaz enjoyed the health fair especially some of the ideas
for staying fit, such as sword fighting. Sharon invited members to listen to
the banquet speech which was about the role of technology in our lives.
Another high point of the convention the president's report. You can listen
to these items by going to www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org> . They will also
be in the August/September Braille Monitor.

The meeting was adjourned at 9pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Sharon Maneki"

Sharon Maneki, President