[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 18 14:19:58 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The next meeting of the At Large chapter will take place on Tuesday,
September 19.  The National Presidents message begins at 7:30 followed by
the meeting at 8:00 pm.   We need your help to spread the word about the
screening of the movie "Do you dream in color?" on September 30.  Our
special guest speaker will be Everette Bacon who will be the national
representative at our upcoming state convention.  Everette is a techie.  At
one time he managed 10 Blockbuster stores.  I am sure he will have lots of
interesting things to tell us.  Call in number is 641 715 3272 access code
is 720125.  Please read the minutes below for both the chapter and the
subsequent board of directors meeting.

See you on the call!

August 2017 At Large NFB Chapter Meeting Minutes

Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM
Meeting was started at 8 PM by Margarete Woods, President
Approximately 15 members were in attendance
Guest speakers were Tom Bickford and Barry Hond talking about how to be an
independent blind senior.  Tom Bickford talked about baking, attending
events for and with his grandchildren and traveling to China and many other
places.  He has also written two books.  Barry Hond still works part time as
an accountant and helps people prepare their taxes.  He walks all over
Baltimore city and uses public transportation extensively.
State Convention is November 10th through 12th at the Sheraton Baltimore
North Hotel, 903 Dulaney Valley Rd, Towson, MD 21204
Please reserve your room today by calling 410 321-7400.

At Large Board of Directors Meeting Notes
August 29, 2017
Present for this meeting were Margarete, Sharon, Danielle, Sandra, and
Henry.  Dana was absent due to illness.

This meeting was to discuss an upcoming event that the chapter wants to have
on September 30, 2017.

This event will be held at the NFB headquarters in Baltimore to view the
movie 'Do you Dream in Color?'  This movie is about four blind teenagers as
they struggle to pursue their dreams while overcoming the challenges of
blindness.

Doors open at 1:30 PM.  Movie starts at 2:00 PM followed by a discussion and
refreshments.  The event will end at 5 PM.
Submitted by Danielle Earl

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596
blindness is not what holds you back.