[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:22:42 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Did you get your ticket for Jamming with the At Large Chapter? Time is
running out. Please send your donation via PayPal, cash app, or by calling
Marguerite Woods 443-271-1668. You can also send a $12 check to Sharon.
9013 Nelson Way, Columbia MD 21045. Please call Sharon if you are
purchasing a ticket by Wednesday the 21 so that we can give you the Zoom
information.

You will not want to miss our meeting because we will not only be talking
about the state convention but we will also hear from Jerry Price who will
talk about technology items that we might want to purchase for the
holidays. As usual, the National President's message begins at 7:30 and the
meeting will be from 8:00 to 9:00 pm. The call in number is 605-313-4818.
The access code is 720125. Look forward to talking with you tomorrow,
October 20. Please read the minutes from last week's meeting below.

At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for September 15, 2020

The presidential Release was started at 7:30 PM

The Meeting was started at 8:00 Pm by Marguerite Woods, President

Round Robin took place, and everyone announced something that they enjoyed
since the last time we met

There were approximately 20 members on the call

Charles led the members in the NFB Pledge

Sharon gave the following treasure’s report

Opening Balance:              $820.47

Income:

Dues:                                $55

General Donations:            $45

Expenses:

Sympathy Gift:                             $100

Closing Balance:               $820.47

A Motion was made to approve the treasurers report, it was seconded, and
the motion passed.

Sharon made a motion to give $100 in cash for door prizes, it was seconded,
and the motion passed.

Sharon made a motion to purchase raffle tickets from Marguerite and Sandra,
as well as two cruise tickets.  The motion was seconded, and passed.

Please Pay your dues by going to http://www.nfbmd.org/dues or sending a
check to Sharon.  Address is listed below:

Sharon Maneki

9013 Nelson Way

Columbia MD 21045

Daniel Johnson has secured a White Cane Awareness proclamation from
Washington County and Don has secured one from Cecil county.

This years Meet the blind event will be Jamming with the At Large Chapter
on October 24th at 7 PM held virtually using the zoom platform.  It will be
a concert with a wide arrangement of music from Chuck Berry to the present.
$12 Donation can be paid by Pay Pal, Cash App, or by sending a check to
Sharon.

For this year’s state convention, we need to elect a first delegate and an
alternate delegate, so Sharon has nominated Marguerite as delegate and
Sandra as alternate delegate.  The Motion was accepted, it was seconded,
and it passed. Marguerite was elected at delegate and Sandra was elected as
alternate delegate.

Sharon talked about the Bernard F Turner Grant of $200 which will be
awarded at the State Convention Banquet on Saturday November 7. The
deadline to apply for this grant is October 16.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary
*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.