[Mdabs] Chapter-Building Event in Carroll County Featured in the Carroll County Times

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:36:00 UTC 2015

Dear Friends:

We had a very successful chapter building event in Carroll County yesterday. The turnout was much larger than we expected, and all who attended left with a newfound energy and enthusiasm for our movement. Many of those in attendance expressed to me their appreciation for the support, love and knowledge they had already found in their first encounter with the Federation family. They are very excited about attending future meetings and getting involved in our projects as this new chapter continues to grow. This is yet another dream which, with the love, hope and determination of the National Federation of the Blind, is being turned into reality!

One of our final victories was getting an article published in yesterday's Carroll County Times, the county-wide newspaper for our area. Unfortunately, they were unable to publish the story until the day of the event due to space restrictions. However, our chapter is now well advertised in the community and is now in the minds of potential members who may join us in the future. Their reporter did a great job of describing the various technologies which allow us to live the lives we want as well as the real purpose for the event—the introduction of the NFB to the Carroll County area. Here's the link to the article:
http://touch.carrollcountytimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83441639/

Let's go build the Federation!

Chris Nusbaum