[MDABS] Winter Reading is Coming... Get Ready!

LaShawn Myles -LBPD- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Mon Dec 28 13:00:00 UTC 2020

>From January 1st to January 31st, The Maryland State Library for the Blind
and Print Disabled will participate in Beanstack’s Fourth Annual Winter
Reading Challenge, “Books Like Us,” sponsored by Simon and Schuster (S&S).
We challenge you, our patrons, to help us reach our *community goal* of at
least *100,000* *minutes* during the month and keep track of your reading
on our Beanstack site at https://marylandlbph.beanstack.org. Thousands of
libraries and schools across the nation will encourage their communities to
read a target number of minutes and books.

The “Books Like Us” collection encourages readers to share the moment when
they were able to connect with a character that reflected their own
personal narrative. Seeing themselves reflected in a book had a powerful
impact on their sense of self. Throughout the month of January, we
encourage you to tell us about a book or character in a book that reflected
your own personal narrative. You can share and post your favorite books, or
drop-in and read about how literature has connected with others. Share your
experience by posting on our LBPD Padlet
<https://padlet.com/kidsdesklbpd/mdkktfjld3d4menw> or tag us on your social
media channels @MDLBPD using the following hashtags: #WinterRead2021 and
#BooksLikeUs. We can do this!
<https://youtu.be/yk0o-FzaPfY>

Best,
LaShawn
Books Like Us <https://youtu.be/yk0o-FzaPfY>

--

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/