[Mn-abs] Announcing NFB of Minnesota 2011 Scholarships

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Jan 24 02:12:38 UTC 2011

Attached are two documents that contain information and an application for the state scholarship program of the
National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota.  Please distribute as widely as possible to legally blind Minnesotans
pursuing a post-secondary education.  If you have received this information through a mailing as well, use the paper or
electronic versions as is most convenient.

The application and associated information are made available here as a "PDF" document and a "DOC" Microsoft
Word document.  The "PDF" document is ideal for printing additional paper copies while the Microsoft Word
document
provides a means to supply information in electronic form which is generally easier for those using assistive technology
such as screen readers.

If you have any questions about our scholarship program, please contact the scholarship committee chairperson as
follows:

Sheila Koenig, State Scholarship Chairperson
e-mail:  shekoenig at comcast.net

or refer to the attached document for additional contact information.  Applications for the Minnesota scholarship
program must be received no later than April 15.

In addition to the two NFB of Minnesota scholarships, our national organization is awarding thirty separate national
scholarships with values ranging up to $12,000.  One application can be used to apply for all of the national
scholarships, but the application for the national scholarships is not part of the attached application for our Minnesota
scholarship.  The application process for the national and state scholarships are independent; thus, candidates must
complete and submit applications separately when applying to both scholarship programs.

More information on the national scholarships and the application can be obtained at

http://www.nfb.org/scholarships

Part of the application process for the national scholarships is to be interviewed by the president of our state
organization, Jennifer Dunnam.  She can be contacted by e-mail at

jennifer.dunnam at earthlink.net

or reply to this note and I will assist.  Unlike our state application, national scholarship applications must be received by
March 31.

Thank you very much for assisting us to reach perspective blind applicants.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
NFB of Minnesota Scholarship Committee