[nabs-l] dance lessons and recreation

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 01:49:16 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Its gotten quiet.  I hope everyone is home relaxing after finals and getting ready for the holidays.

Have any of you taken dance?  Private or class?  What accomodations did you use?  Its usually taught visually by demonstration.  If you regularly do a active recreation  activity or did growing up, it would be interesting to hear.  Growing up, unfortunately, I did not engage in much physical activity for recreation.  I guess my parents did not think I could participate in much.
I did activities that were not physical like piano lessons.  The extent of my activity was my swing set.

Now I want to take ballroom dance as a class.  Know what?  My mother does not think its doable.  She does not think they will be able to show me what's happening.  I want to try and see what happens.  Its at a recreation center and I have every right to participate if i pay money.  I don't know how to change their minds.  Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.

Ashley
Ashley H Bramlett
Undergraduate Student
Marymount University