[nabs-l] freinds

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 19:56:54 UTC 2008

You are right, Carey.  The people in question could be too busy.
However, may I point out that my younger brother, eighteen years old,
already has a girlfriend and runs around everywhere with her?  I am
envious of every sighted person who has a significant other, and you
know why he has her?  Because he can immitate appropriate social
skills.  I am a firm believer in having good social skills as a
prerequisite to scoring with the oppoite sex.  The key to winning a
successful date and keeping that significant other is having good
social skills.  I have a young man in college here at FSU who is a
friend, but he understands unlike the previous people I've dealt with,
the nature of blindness and its accessories because his mom had a
blind student.  I've spoken to him and his mom about this issue and it
just makes sense that he wouldn't simply give up on me as a friend.  I
admit I did a few things he didn't like, but then he admitted he
wouldn't give up.
Beth