[nabs-l] Recording Vs. Webcasting

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 24 04:51:09 UTC 2009

Good evening everyone,

    Let me first clarify a point about the employment seminar and recording
vs. Webcasting this and the NABS annual meeting. Assuming the equipment can
be found and personnel recruited to record these events you need to
understand that if these events were to be Webcast there is a cost involved
and the charges can be pretty steep in up-scale hotels. For example a hotel
might charge a $150.00 setup fee for creating a Web stream and will charge
the entity streaming their event a daily fee of $100.00 perse.  I know
because I was asked to inquire about this for one of our other divisions
several years ago.

    For this reason it's better to record these programs and post them to
the Web after the convention is over saving the affiliate lots of bucks. I
also worked with another affiliate that tried to stream its state convention
three years in a row and met with minimal success. Not knowing the state of
the NABS treasury and Because of the short time period between now and the
national convention recording NABS activities and posting them to the NABS
Link Web Site is far more practical than attempting to stream them live.

    While on the subject of streaming last year's national convention
general sessions and the march for independent were streamed live. I haven't
heard if we'll stream this year's national convention. All I can say is stay
tuned to this channel for further information.     And remember too that
hearing the convention streamed only gives you half of the experience. You
only get a total immersion experience by attending in person. Mary and I
proved over and over again that not even the gates of Hell will keep you
from attending this life-changing  event. Right now we have some barriers to
surmount, but we'll see many of you in Detroit in July. This year we're
especially blessed by having someone here that can share an eye witness
account of how we did it. Keep those offers of help coming.

Peter Donahue

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver