[nabs-l] Washington Seminar!

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 02:43:13 UTC 2009

Dear students,

The time has come again to prepare for another NFB Washington Seminar!
The Washington Seminar will take place from Sunday, February 8, 2009
to Wednesday, February 11, 2009, at the Holiday Inn Capitol in
Washington, D.C.

On Sunday we will have our annual winter meeting for the National
Association of Blind Students from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This will be
followed by the Great Gathering-In meeting that Dr. Maurer conducts at
5:00 p.m. (Please note: This is a change from past years).

On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday affiliates will meet with their
state representatives to discuss this year's legislative issues. If
you're attending, talk to your state president to find out when your
state's appointments are scheduled. (While it's a good idea to attend
all three days, it's certainly not required).

If you're going to Washington Seminar and have not yet reserved a room
in the hotel, please talk with your state president to find out
whether a block of rooms is reserved for your state. If there is not a
room block or if you want to room with people from other affiliates,
you can reserve a room by calling Diane McGeorge at
303-778-1130, ext. 219
or emailing Lisa Bonderson at
lbonderson at cocenter.org
Please do not make your reservation with the hotel directly.

See everyone in Washington!

Arielle Silverman
First Vice-President, National Association of Blind Students