[nabs-l] NABS Leadership Update

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 12 03:22:36 UTC 2009

Hi Joeseph,

Did you run for an office?  You seem unhappy.
Most of us on this list were not at convention; I think nabs-l has 200 plus
subscribers, one of the larger nfb lists.  therefore many of us don't know
what this fued is about.  You may wish to respond off list.  My email is
bookwormahb at earthlink.net.

Nijat says there was a hand count for almost all votes.  I was not there and
so don't know the full story but if a hand count was done upon request for
any position, it seems legitimate.  I've seen many elections held at my
local chapter and one nabs election.
Are nominations taken from the floor?  Have all positions been nominated at
time of election?  At chapter meetings they have a nominating comittee but
will also take nominations from the floor as long as the person is present
to accept or decline.
Its my understanding
the process is something like this in nabs.
1. Those running speak for a few minutes why they feel they should hold the
office.
2. A voice vote is conducted.
3. Hand counts are done if its a close count or a tie.

Was the whole board up for election and how many years are their term?
I don't know what you meant by this:

"The NABS election was a
complete and total fiasco lacking even the appearance of integrity."

That's a strong statement and I wonder why you felt this way?  Did you run
for a position and lose?  Maybe the position  was a close tie?

If anyone wants to explain what happened that would be good.  Be careful in
responding on list as not to mix facts up.  Feel free to respond off list
too if you were there.  all I gather as an outsider that several people ran
for a given position, were not elected, and therefore the election was
unfair.

Enjoy the summer.
Ashley