[nabs-l] Three Technical Tragidies In One Day: please Help?

Cumbiambera2005 cumbiambera2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 04:47:51 UTC 2009

Hi Nabsters,
Well today has been one of the busiest and most technically
complicated days I've had in a while, so i'm really needing some help.
Well, the first problem was a problem with the internet, which
hopefully got resolved already. I host an internet show that did not
go well, and was having some technical difficulties, but by a
replacement of the modem, I think i was able to solve the issue.
However, my version of winamp had to be replaced, and I had gotten the
wrong version. Originally I was using version 5.52, which was working
for me just fine. However, i was unable to locate that version again,
and am now using version 5.552, which seems to be going ok so far,
though I'd like to be able to find the version I was using before if
that is at all possible. However, since I had to reinstall, I am
unable to reset the broadcast plug-ins that I need for broadcast. If
anyone knows anything about this, I would encourage you to contact me
off-list, as some help with restarting my connections would be very
much appreciated. Please forgive me if I'm not explaining myself
thoroughly, I am kind of stressed.
Also I am having some issues with my stereo, and need some advice on
what to do. Before, I was able to hook my stereo up to my computer
through the tape deck, with the end of the tape adapter going into the
headphone jack of my computer. Unfortunately, my tape deck is no
longer responding, (I think the motor is dead), so i need to find an
alternative to using it. i tried using a headphone splitter, with the
splitter going into my stereo, and another cable that has two male
ends, with one end connected to my computer, and the other into one
end of the splitter. Then, I connected my headphones into the other
end, (I like to listen with headphones). I tried using two different
splitters, and the first was either defected or it was the wrong one
because I was only hearing sound from the left ear. Then I tried my
own splitter that I've had for a while, which worked perfect.
Unfortunately, the sound is not loud enough, i'm getting the volume
from my computer, rather than the strong volume of my stereo. I can
not play music outloud at all with this setup. I don't know how else
to accomplish this task without purchassing a new stereo, does anyone
have any advice for me? Also if I do need to purchase one, I'd like to
do this as independently as possible, so if anyone knows how best to
go about that, some advice on that would also be appreciated.
my next thing to do was to install a plugin to winamp called a dfx or
something like that, does anyone know about this? It seems to work but
I can't stop that window from opening each time I open winamp.
SO those are all my technical issues, does anyone have advice on any of them?
Any help on any of these things would be greatly appreciated.
Ashley