[nabs-l] Online degree programs

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 20:51:11 UTC 2009

Hi Jen and all,

Jen, if your instructor at the Carroll center recommended Kurzweil,
contact her and ask her to re-write your report with the Kurzweil 1000
recommendation included. This seems like a reasonable request
especially if it could mean the difference between getting and not
getting it. Also inform your rehab counselor that because of your
hearing loss E-texts are much more accessible to you than are audio
materials. This alone should put you further up the chain for
receiving Kurzweil. Kurzweil is extremely useful not only for scanning
hard copies of textbooks, but also for converting PDF versions of
E-textbooks and papers into a format that you can understand.

Also see if the university you want to attend has any public computing
facilities with scanners and OCR software available to blind students.
This might be a viable option if you can't get your own personal copy
of Kurzweil.

Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org