[nabs-l] accessibility of ms word 2007

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 11 03:27:15 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I really don’t understand Microsoft Word 2007 and could use some suggestions.

I use jaws 10.  At work I saw the latest version of MS office applications.  Its so different.  In 2003 you know you can go to the menus with the keys such as file, edit, view and tools by pressing alt and the letter and down arrow.

For instance Alt O for Format and arrow down twice for bullets and numbers.  In 2007 it seems less accessible with all these buttons on top and no menus!  So the normal menu commands don’t work, or at least all of them don’t!

So how do I get to what would be the file menu to open or save files?  How do I get to tools to select word count and other items under tools?  Do many of the short cut commands I already know still work.  For instance Control C, x, and V for copy/cut/paste?  Another is the command control B or I or U for Bold/Italics/underline.

I can’t seem to change font or navigate well.  I could use some common commands list and help!

Thanks.

Ashley