[nabs-l] Foreign language

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Mon Mar 30 19:56:59 UTC 2009

Hello. I speak fluent Spanish and have done so  since I was very  young. I
took Spanish courses in college (French in high school). But, I am also
taking German (from scratch in college). The best thing to do I guess is to
talk to your professors. Spanish Braille is not too difficult to learn, and
the spelling of words is phoenetic. If you have to, ask the professors to
spell what they write on the board (or powerpoint or whatever they use for
lectures. Depending on how you want your material (Braille [which in the
beginning I would recommend since you're first learning a language], audio
material etc.) you can talk with your disability service  office to have
them scan the material for you. Just make sure they scan it with the Spanish
language setting- if they don't it will be in gibberish.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask either on or
off-list. I check this address daily and multiple times.
Sincerely,
Hope Paulos.