[nabs-l] Disappointed

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:01:22 UTC 2009

Jim,

I posted the information to twenty-three different lists.  I neglected to
include the information on the web site.  Next time I will do so, but the
list is a direct means of communicating with people.  My job is to create an
outreach effort at a national level for the public at large.  I felt NABS
affiliates were eligible recipients, but I cannot dedicate a special
multi-level outreach approach to NABS affiliates on top of my regular course
of assignments.  Outreach is the job of the student presidents.  I mean,
people in the general public at large aren't begged to apply for grants.
They either apply, or they don't.  We're talking about a national
competition for free money here.  It's been pointed out that perhaps the
message was lost in the volume of posts.  I think I may concur.  If we
didn't have thirty posts on swine flu, maybe the important messages can get
noticed?  Mind you, this is not a defensive response, but I think leaders
need to be leaders and keep track of information as it is released.  I
should not have to create explosive subject lines for my messages to be
read.

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado