[nabs-l] A moral question

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Sat May 9 06:20:09 UTC 2009

Hey all,

A hypothetical "what if" for you all to ponder,

What if a blind person uses a cane regularly, but has enough vision to suffice without it. Would it be moral for that person to not take his/her cane into a job interview for the purposes of hidiinf a disability until after a job offer is made?

Think discrimination laws vs lying vs. Dr. Jernigan's "The Nature of Independence" (By having the blindness training, you retain the option to choose between methodologies).

I'd be particularly curious to hear how our leadership would answer this question.

Jim

"Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed."