[nabs-l] Voc Rehab

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Sun May 10 21:02:37 UTC 2009

Raina,
There is a chain of command in place for a reason -- use it! if you have to, take your issue all the way to the state VR director. Additionally, it couldnt hurt to contact your state senators and your district's representative (state legislator, not U.S. Congress), Depending on whether your state legislator is in session, or depending on what the individual legislator's priorities are, they may be willing to help. What state do you live in?

The following example isnt quite relivant, but it illustrates how using the chain of command can work.

This past semester, I took a Public Budgeting class, and for my term paper I choose to focus on the budget implications of a new state park fee (Montanans no longer pay at the gate to enter state parks, now,  Montanan pays an opptional $4 state park fee when they register their vechile. BTW, the program is working great! it has increased revenue, and freed park staff to do things other than fee collection). Anyhow, for two months I repeatedly requested budget data from the state park's Buisness Manager, and for two months, I got the run-around. Then, I wrote the Director of Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks, and what do you know, I had my data the very next day!

Also, where would someone go to look up VR laws?

Jim

PS. I bet if you set up a massage table at convention (if you are going), you could probably make some good money.

"Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed."