[nabs-l] Cuts in line

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Sun May 17 02:58:20 UTC 2009

Joseph

Sometimes, it can be about pride.  When I was in college, strangers
sometimes offered me sighted guide, without my asking for it.  I was
occasionally tempted to accept their offer if I really wasn't feeling great
on a particular day, so didn't really feel like fighting the nasty blindness
battle.  To inspire myself to fight the battle and decline the assistance, I
remembered how I needed to be a role model to my fellow blind students on
campus.  I didn't dare let them or their acquaintances see me using sighted
guide!

Serena