[nabs-l] Ending the NFB/ACB feud

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun May 17 23:54:44 UTC 2009

Jim:

I think there are specific issues on which the NFB and ACB can agree
and work together, but I think it is unrealistic to think we will
ever combine.  First, the ACB was started by a group of people who
disagreed with how the NFB was doing things.  Unless they say you
were right after all and we were wrong, or unless the NFB says, your
way is better, it just isn't going to happen.  Secondly, there are
fundamental and basic differences between the two groups, what we
believe, how we conduct our business etc.  That stuff isn't, and
shouldn't go away.

As I say, cooperation on specific issues can and should take place. but...

The ACB exists to do things differently from the NFB.  If you take
that away from them, there isn't much left.

Dave