[nabs-l] just want to introduce myself to the list

V Nork ginisd at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 03:00:22 UTC 2009

Hi, I also took college statistics as part of my bachelor's degree in
psychology and journalism.  I am a bit of a math phobic person, but my view
is that statistics is a form of applied mathematics that is rewarding, even
kinda fun.  It enables you to read journal articles in any kind of science
and really be able to understand and evaluate the research.  I can't
encourage you enough to give it a try, perhaps with a tutor.  If you select
your professor of statistics carefully, you may find someone with a teaching
style that fits you.  Best, Ginnie