[nabs-l] Fw: Reading Rights Coalition Denounces Random House

Kevin LaRose kevin at kevinlarose.net
Fri May 22 03:10:03 UTC 2009

As I understand it, the 1996 law was completely separate from PL 89-522,
which was enacted into law 30 years earlier. The 1996 law gave limited
permission for reproduction of material by entities other than NLS. This
makes it possible for Bookshare to exist. It doesn't have anything to do
with NLS, which is still governed by PL 89-522, as we are reminded at the
end of books and on the back of the last volume of Braille magazines.
Kevin L.

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/