[nabs-l] an idea for a 1 page braille display

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 02:16:05 UTC 2010

There is a project here at North Carolina State University, headed by
a member of our local NFB group, developing a full-page refreshable
Braille display using, I believe, hydro power? Dr. Y, the inventor,
says they'll have one cell ready in about three years and then it'll
be no time at all before they have a full-page disaplay. I don't
remember how much they said it would be, but it's going to be around
4-6 or more years before it is out. Personally, from what Dr. Y has
told us, it will be well worth that wait!

Does anyone have a link to the information about this project? I
couldn't seem to find it. Justin, Brice, Shawn?

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!