[nabs-l] Knowing your Books in Advance

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:33:48 UTC 2010

In contrast, I know of only two of my four books for class. I know
them because I talked directly to the professors for the classes.
However, the professor for the third never replied to my inquiries,
and the fourth is either a new or temporary professor or from another
university, and so no one knows his/her information. I don't even know
if the professor is male or female! The others are all female, and I
do better with female professors, so I hope the fourth is female also.
Anyway, it's two weeks until school starts and we still don't have the
book information for two of the classes. The disability office needs
at least two weeks to scan the books to make them Word documents to be
accessible and add the alt tags for pictures. So, two of my books
probably won't be available in accessible format until a week after
classes start minimum. One is available from RFBD, though, and the
Spanish book has been scanned up (was scanned by DSS before I even
knew which book...the professor actually went to DSS and presented
them with a copy that they could scan before I bought my own
copy...now that's a nice professor!

So, this new law will be helpful for me so I'm not struggling to get
my books in time for classes. Thanks for the information!

~Jewel

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!