[nabs-l] Accessibility and Usability of the Main Facebook Site

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Thu Aug 12 21:46:37 UTC 2010

Mika,

I use System Access, but I hear this issue happens with other screen
readers, too. When I log into the main site and try to use it, I notice
that my screen reader lags. So, for example, I may be trying to do
something and get a delayed response or no response from the screen
reader. The folks at SEROTEK tell me that it's an issue with the type
of content on the Facebook site (i.e. the code it's written with). I
hear NVDA doesn't have this problem, but I don't really like NVDA with
the web as I find the system a little clumsy and ungainly to work with.
For that reason, I generally use the Facebook app that comes with my
SAMNET subscription or the mobile site.

Respectfully,
Jedi