[nabs-l] update on dog training career. need help!

Valerie Gibson valandkayla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 05:16:37 UTC 2010

If anyone hasnt' followed up on what i'm trying to do, i'll start by giving a brief intro.

I'm tryingto get into a program that would allow me to become a dog trainer The school is based on California, but students can work from home with the aid of a teacher and people in the area.  I guess it's like a distance learning program.  I would not know however as they will not send me imformation or allow me to enroll inthe program as they said i do not meet their physical requirements.  That is, i do not have a vusual equity of 150 feet.

I was suggested to email back and ask in what way this requirement would be needed.  Here's the email i got:
Valerie,
Unfortunately, ABC is unable to make exceptions to the physical requirements necessary to enter the program. They have been set by the state of California to keep you safe while you are in the program. You would be training dogs in group sessions or in a clients home and it would be imperative that you be able to see dogs approaching you that may be aggressive or confrontational.
Regards,
Deborah

If anyone has any imformation on how i could fight this, or if i should just call it a loss, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your responces to my last email.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Val