[nabs-l] Blind man sues Wienerschnitzel over run-in with tree

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 16 22:41:29 UTC 2010

Hello Rob,
Do you believe that women and blacks have achieved their improved success in
employment without force, and this improvement in employment has resulted
from the employers who would not hire them in the past, simply now changing
their minds and deciding they were wrong previously?  That is not my
understanding of history.  Also, I don't remember the good old days pre ADA
when employers welcomed blind people with open arms and then deciding that
as a result of the ADA that they are now afraid that they will be sued if
they hire blind people.  As a lawyer I would advise them that they are at
greater risk if they don't hire than if they do.  Also, why would you be
sued if you are obeying the law?  I have been a lawyer since 1991 and I have
never seen someone be in trouble for following the law.  My clients find
themselves in difficulty because they didn't follow the law, not because
they did.  This is usually because they didn't like the particular law in
question, and they thought they could get away with not following it, just
like speeders think they can drive faster than the posted speed limit.  I
guess our experiences in life are very different.
Best,
Dennis