[nabs-l] Could someone lend me a hand, please? (Question about juggling multiple items)

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 23:58:38 UTC 2010

I am using a personal computer for e-mail and such. It's an old one,
though and has so many problems...I don't have Microsoft Office, so
have to use WordPad, which means I can't do even basic underlining,
bolding, accents, etc. I am using NVDA, which can be a bit of a pain
as a primary, though it is a great secondary screenreader. Not having
JAWS or Word make it very difficult to do many of the assignments I
need. Plus, my Acrobat Reader is broken, and I can't seem to figure
out how to do it. Then there's the lack of a printer...so many
problems, it drove me crazy trying to get my homework done. Oh, and I
can't seem to get internet in my bedroom where my desk is (because I
need lots of quiet to do my work...I get distracted very easily by
sounds), so I have to have my PC in the living room where my boyfriend
and his dog often are...the dog is annoying with all his whining and
squirming, and my b/f often plays games, reads a book, or works on his
own work...he has as much right as I do to have noise, especially
since with his ADHD, he needs background noise to keep him on task.

Anyway, my b/f was able to get internet in my room with his laptop,
but I guess my wireless card is just too weak. I'm hoping the new
laptop will pick it up like his does, and I can do all my homework in
the closed-off quiet of my room where I can concentrate.