[nabs-l] jaws question

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 00:24:04 UTC 2010

I haven't used JAWS regularly for years now, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. There is a version of JAWS designed to be installed in a flash drive, but at least by the time I used it 3 years ago, there had to be a JAWS authorization installed on the computer for it to work for more than 40 minutes, or a network authorization had to be found. What I mean is that I'm not sure if you can install the authorization in the drive. My university, for example, has a network license for JAWS installed on campus, which means that up to five people can use JAWS at the same time on public workstations on campus, This is not a problem because there are only 2 or 3 blind students. When I had to use the flash drive version of JAWS three years ago, I plugged it into the computer and it detected the network license. Without that license, it would have worked in demo mode. This is all I know...

Ignasi