[nabs-l] Excel question

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 02:38:09 UTC 2010

Justin,

If you press the = key in a cell in Excel, you will go into formula editing
mode. If you want, for instance, to display the sum of cells A1 and A2 in
cell A3, you go to cell A3, and type: =A1+A2. This will display the total of
the first two cells in the third. You can type in any function you wish
using numbers, cell references (which will use whatever value is displayed
in the cell referenced), + to add, - to subtract, * to multiply, / to
divide, and parentheses to group functions. You can do a lot of very
advanced numerical and logical functions in Excel. There is a lot of
information on creating formulas, and the syntax thereof, in the Excel Help
files. One very useful one I will leave you with is the following:
=sum(a1:a100). That will display the total of all values in column A,
between rows 1 and 100, in the cell in which you enter the formula. I am a
big Excel fan, and encourage you to dig into the help materials. As I say,
there is a lot of great information there.

Also, regarding the LSAT stuff, I will still be getting back to you on that.
My laptop was down for a few days, and I am still digging out.

Take care,

Sean