[nabs-l] VR stream pros and cons

Katie Wang katie.Wang at yale.edu
Sat Jan 2 07:02:26 UTC 2010

Hi, Ashley,
  The site for downloading talking books is nlsbard.loc.gov. You will need
to create a user name and password the first time you visit the site, and
your state NLS library will approve your account in a few days. After that
you can download books onto your computer and transfer them to the Stream. I
just got a Stream myself and haven't played with it much, but I have heard
many good things about it. A good resource you can check out is the Access
World journal published on-line by AFB; I have seen several detailed product
reviews of various talking book players, including the Stream. Hope that
helps!
   Katie