[nabs-l] Another Newbie

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:47:11 UTC 2010

Hello Jin!

My name is Jewel. I will be attending community college in the fall
toward an elementary education degree. Do you read Braille music? I am
learning...slowly, but steadily. I know the quarter, half, and whole
notes for C, D, E, F, and G. I haven't learned A or B yet, because it
wasn't in the beginner book I got, but I did learn time signatures,
whole rests, dotted half notes, and ties. The book I read was Braille
music for Piano Beginners. I'm not really a piano beginner, as I
learned some as a child, but I decided to read that one to learn
Braille music from the beginning. I do love Braille music lots, and
hope to start using it to play on my recorder and a friend's piano
that needs to get some use since her daughter doesn't play anymore.

~Jewel