[nabs-l] Appreciating our roots

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue May 4 01:28:49 UTC 2010

Joe, when I worked for the NFB, 91-95, there were approximately 40
employees, maybe 45.  There are now well over 100.  There are also
many more programs now.  I don't think third floor expansion would
have held everything.

And ... when it comes to fund raising, you are comparing apples and
oranges.  You are making the assumption that the money we raised and
put into a building would also have been available for program
services.  In addition to my careers in management, assistive
technology, reading services, daisy books, AT software sales and
marketing, and news writing, I was also a fund raiser -- and it
doesn't work that way.  Raising capital campaign money is different
from program money.

There were times when I doubted the wisdom of some of the expansions
Dr. Jernigan started -- but he almost always turned out to be right!

Dave