[nabs-l] Few questions on Student seminars....

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:18:01 UTC 2010

Hello All, here in New York, we are thinking of having our first
student seminar in a long time. Before we do so, there are a couple of
questions that some of you might be able to assist us with.

What sort of funding is typically used to put on a seminar? As I
understand things, we are able  to apply for funding from the
Imagination Fund, however, are there additional resources that are
used? Have any of your divisions put together a seminar in which some
participants were sponsored by a  state agency? If so,  what steps did
you take to have these students sponsored?

What does your typical agenda look like? We are looking at three main
points of focus; these would be Technology, education, and other
useful resources.

Like most of your states, New York has students spread throughout the
state: What sort of locations are regularly used to hold your
seminars?

Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks for reading,
Alex