[nabs-l] SPSS with NVDA

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 04:48:30 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I used SPSS as an undergrad psychology student, and always exported
the output tables into Excel for easy navigation. I'd imagine this
feature would still be available in Version 18; it should be somewhere
in the file menu. This is a very easy solution that takes just a
minute and won't require use of readers, Kurzweil, or anything like
that.

I now use SAS for all my data analyses in grad school because my
graduate statistics course required use of SAS and I learned all the
basic commands. It is completely accessible because there are no
point-and-click operations; all the analyses are carried out by
running syntax, or text commands you type into an editor. I usually
copy and paste the output into a Word file for ease of navigation.

A third option for stats is the free program called R. R is being used
more and more at my school and while I have not had the time to learn
it yet, I am told it is quite accessible as well.
Good luck and happy number crunching!
Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org