[nabs-l] Independent Travel At Crowded Major College Sporting Events

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue Nov 9 07:00:47 UTC 2010

Kerri,

I understand that dealing with tail gaters sounds scary, but there will
be security there watching over everyone. If you have a cell phone,
make sure that's on. I'm guessing that odds are you'll have to deal
more with helpful drunks of all genders and sexes rather than drunk
folks out to get you. Generally, folks at sports games are out to have
fun. I can see why you'd feel unnnerved especially with all the media
surrounding victimizations of young women. But the truth is you'll
probably be fine. If you want to go it alone, just be sure you've got
your cell phone and check in with loved ones from time to time if need
be. Definitely no need to go through the trouble of pre-arranging
everything. Just my opinion.

Respectfully,
Jedi