[nabs-l] New member

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 04:53:14 UTC 2010

Dear Coby and all,
  I'd try to contact your vission teacher, one more time, directly.
Spam her answering machine, tell her "I need this now" instead of
"please let me know what we can do."  Maybe that'll help.
  But it sounds like you've got kinda a tough vission teacher to work
with.  Definitely don't be afraid to stand your ground and talk to
your principal, a teacher, or whoever you need to.  If you have a
teacher who's easy to work with, maybe see if they can talk to your
other teachers and tell them how easy it is to email assignments, put
them on a flash drive, etc.
  And that reminds me, oftentimes I'd just bring my flash drive to
class, my teacher would put the assignment/test/whatever on there
and...there you go.  In my experience through high school, teachers
had computer coppies of almost everything.  And...maybe having a copy
of your IEP with you to show the teacher if he/she's being annoying,
just to put the weight of contract behind what you're saying, couldn't
hurt.
  But, forpretty much all of my teachers, just saying "you know, if
you email me this assignment, or let me put it on my flash drive, it's
really works easy and it saves lots of people lots of time brailling."
 If they're not comfortable with you using your own flash drive
(cheating and the like), then see if you can borrow a flash drive from
the teacher for the class period?  Just my two cents, take it or leave
it.
  Respectfully,
Kirt