[nabs-l] In Lue of Recent Posts

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 10 05:02:35 UTC 2010

Hi Nicole,
I think this is a great question, and a very important one which I have been
thinking about quite a lot lately.  I believe this is the purpose of the
NFB.  When the services which are supposed to exist do not materialize, the
student needs to contact the NFB in Maryland, so that officials with NFB can
contact the schools or organizations not providing services and pressure
them into doing what they are supposed to be doing.  I believe it is still
the case that the NFB boasts a membership of 50,000, so a reminder from NFB
headquarters that they can bring into play 50,000 blind people should be
pretty persuasive to the delinquent service provider.
Best,
Dennis