[nabs-l] Need more help...Navigating The Football Game Saturday

H. Field missheather at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 23:03:32 UTC 2010

Hi Kerri,
As you will be in public the whole time, and as you will be using your
cane which will tellyou where the steps are, there's no reason why you
should be frightened. As you will be surrounded by people the whole
time, if you get into a fix, you can easily ask for help if you need
it. Have you thought about asking the person who takes the ticket to
meet you outside the parking lot and, if you're worried about
negotiating it, tell them you'll give them the ticket when you get
inside the stadium. You can ask if they mind you walking with them and
you'll be inside in no time. I don't see why you should be afraid of
steps. after all, the steps stay still and you have a cane, you find
them and walk down them.

I know I'm just one voice giving advice but, I've always found that I
make friends when I step out and just go for it in life. So, my vote
is you tell the person they have the ticket and ask them to meet you
at your gate of choice. Keep the ticket until you're inside and go
from there. I've been to countless rock and country music festivals
and concerts in my life. Most of them in Australia where drinking is
much more part of the culture and where the beer is twice as strong as
American beer. I've never had any trouble with drunks. They usually
offer to help and I say they can help by letting me do things myself
and I thank them for being so helpful when they don't do anything. So,
on the basis of my experience, and the tremendous boost that only
independent travel can give you, I vote you go it alone and enjoy
yourself.

Best,

Heather

Regards,